Times Higher Education has published their new ranking containing only universities from emerging economies. It uses the same methodology as their World University Ranking. Thus, the first places were already known.
The top 5 univerisites are:
1. Peking University (#45 in the World Ranking)
2. Tsinghua University (#50 in the World Ranking)
3. University of Cape Town (#126 in the World Ranking)
4. National Taiwan University (#142 in the World Ranking)
5. Boğaziçi University (#199 in the World Ranking)
Interesting are the placings of universities which did not make it on the top 500 World List, but are now ranked and in particular how the different countries performed. With 23 universities in the top 100 China leads in front of Taiwan (21/100) and India (10/100). However as Richard Holmes points out in his blog, it would be wrong to see China and India as the winners of the ranking as they perform badly when their huge population size is considered. When population is taken into account Taiwan really stands out and Eastern European countries are doing well too.